Australian Patent Granted
- AML3D has been granted an Australian patent for its market leading WAM® process; strengthening the Company’s position in a ~$10 billion1 addressable market
- The patent enhances AML3D’s legal position to support its competitive advantage and re-enforces the leading capabilities of the Company’s technology
AML3D Limited (ASX: AL3) (“AML3D” or “the Company“) is pleased to announce that the Australian Patent Office has examined the Australian member of its International Patent Portfolio and has now granted the Company an Australian patent for its Wire Additive Manufacturing (WAM®) process.
AML3D’s Australian patent (AU2019251514B2) provides coverage over the method and apparatus for manufacturing 3D metal parts. Key coverage items include:
- AML3D’s method of manufacturing a metallic part in any weldable metal by solid freeform fabrication, enhanced by an atmospheric protection device and synergic heating and cooling apparatus.
- AML3D’s method of computer-generating three-dimensional models of parts, slicing the model into a set of parallel, sliced layers and then dividing each layer into a set of virtual, one-dimensional pieces and forming a direction specific, layered model of the part.
- AML3D’s method of uploading the direction specific, layered model of the part into a welding control system, which manufactures the 3D metal part.
AML3D has a relentless focus on innovation and R&D and with IP protection provides further validation of the Company’s market leadership in advanced 3D printing solutions as well as opening up new markets where this technology could be applied. AML3D’s WAM® technology significantly reduces the cost of manufacturing, time to build and also allows for clients to customise parts for their specific needs.
The addressable market for 3D printing continues to grow, with demand accelerated by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to de-risk complex global supply chains. The addressable market for 3D printing is estimated at ~US$10 billion1, growing to US$63 billion by 2026.1
Commenting on the grant of the Australian patent, AML3D Managing Director Mr. Andrew Sales said:
“This is a significant milestone for our company and our journey. The granting of this patent is further validation of our technology and also secures our position as a provider of a major 3D Printing process. The market demand for advanced wire feedstock additive manufacturing continues to accelerate driven by the global pandemic. And international patent protection will further strengthen our position in a significant and growing addressable market.”
Manufacturing a metallic part using weldable metal by solid freeform fabrication.
Source: Australian Patent Granted, PDF, Company News, Press Release
1 As per Mordor Intelligence report “3D Printing Market – Growth, Trends, Covid-19 Impact, and Forecast (2019 – 2026)”, released November 2020
About AML3D Limited
AML3D (ASX:AL3) is an Australian public company redefining the standards of productivity. Incorporated in 2014, AML3D utilises 3D printing to solve complex challenges with metallurgy, patent pending WAM® process, proprietary software WAMSoft®, creating certified, industrial products more sustainably. AML3D provides additive manufacturing on-demand services in contract manufacturing centres. It is the original equipment manufacturer of Arcemy®, metal 3D printers that utilise local materials to manufacture high-performance products closer to the location of use.